Use the SaferMe web app to assign and remove contact cards.
How to get there
To access card management features a user must be a manager of an organization on SaferMe. Managers can navigate to the members page within the admin portal of the web app.
To begin assigning cards, navigate to the members table.
- Select the member(s) who are to be assigned cards on the members page
- Click 'Assign Card' from the menu bar
- Alternatively click the three dot menu on the far right of the members name
- Click 'Assign Card' from this menu
- Allow access to camera on the pop up (permission only has to be granted once)
- Scan the QR code of the card or enter in the card ID number manually
- Click 'Next'
- If assigning more than one card, go through the flow for as many members selected
- A success message will appear to confirm the assignment(s)
- The message will also include a reminder to activate the card(s)
- If an incorrect card ID is entered an error message will appear
- Make sure to enter in all 12 digits displayed on the card to avoid an error message
- Members cannot have more than one card issued to them at the same time.
- Members cannot self-assign. Only Managers and Owners can assign cards to members.
- Managers and Owners can assign cards to themselves.
- Managers and Owners can assign cards to both Current and Pending members.
Cards may need to be removed from members for a number of reasons such as lost cards, turnover of staff or new cards with fresh batteries being assigned.
To remove a card from a member
- Use the search bar to look up the member
- Click the members name to open their contact log table
- Above their contact data are their contact card details
- If there are no contact card details visible the member does not have a card assigned to them
- It is vital to sync the card BEFORE removing the card from a member
- Once the card has been synced click 'Remove Card' from the card details menu
- Alternatively click the three dot menu beside the members name on the members table
- Click 'Remove Card'
- Ensure the details are correct
- Select a reason for removing the card from the drop down
- A success message will appear once the card has been removed
If you have any questions on assigning cards do reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org