Outlined below are the steps to successfully contact trace using the SaferMe web app and data from contact cards.
How to get there: A user must be an organization Admin of SaferMe which gives them access to the admin portal in the SaferMe web app and to contact log data. Open the web app, log in and open the members page.
In the event that a member reports Covid-19 symptoms, a positive Covid-19 test result or close contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19, a contact trace is required. Directly below are the fastest steps for beginning a contact trace in SaferMe.
For Wearable Contact Card customers, syncing contact cards is crucial for conducting a contact trace. Having the most recent card data synched will help the administrator to make informed decisions quickly.
When conducting a contact trace ensure a 15 minute window from when a card is synced to when a contact log table is checked. This 15 minute window allows for the data to reach our server and update the tables accordingly. If checked earlier, contact data may not be visible which is vital to the contact trace.
- Instruct your members to sync their card data immediately
- To read about how to sync cards visit 'Synching SaferMe Contact Cards'
- Begin with the member who is immediately affected
- Review this member's contact log table to assess which other members may be effected most
- Follow organization protocols and regulations for contacting and helping members
Contact Log Tables
- Open the Members page of the Admin portal to begin conducting a contact trace
- Search for a members name
- Once found, click the name of the member
- This will open their individual contact log table
- Analyse the data to identify close contacts
- Use the filters to determine the members most at risk
Within the timeframe drop down are pre set option date blocks ranging from last 1 day up to last 42 days. Additionally there is a date picker to select exact dates.
Single date: The date picker allows for a single specific date to be selected. Find the desired date and click it twice to select. The 'Select' button will appear blue. Select this button to see the contact data for the singular date.
Multiple dates: Use the date selector to select multiple dates and hit 'Select' to see contact data that occurred on this group of dates.
Min Contact Duration
Duration precision for cards / more accurate /
increase the granularity of contact duration data / improving both precision and accuracy
Precision is about how granular you can be
Accuracy is how correct you can be
Max Contact Distance
Define with Christian
There are multiple options in the log type drop down. Data will appear depending on which contact tracing feature is live for an organization and which filter has been selected.
Any: Will display all contact data for any log type. This includes bluetooth, card, location(GPS) and manual.
Bluetooth Only: Will display
Bluetooth + Manual
Location (GPS) Only
If you would like to know more about contact tracing with SaferMe, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org