Set up a visitor with a temporary card and manage returned cards to be re used again.
Guests is the third tab on the members table. When a person's details are added to the guest tab they become a guest of SaferMe.
The Guest Tab is a contact tracing feature and is used by contact tracing customers. This tab exists for contact tracing admins to assign, remove and manage wearables contact cards. Admins can conduct a contact trace within the Guest Tab also.
How to get there
To access the guest tab a person must have either owner, admin or manager access. Open SaferMe web app and click the 'Admin' button to access the admin portal. The guest tab is the third tab within the members page.
Managing a visitor
When a visitor arrives at reception or front of house, add them as a guest in order to assign them a card.
- Select Add guest at the top of the Guests page
- Type the guest details in the form
- The only required field is Full name
- Company, Visiting and Preferred contact are optional fields
- If entering a person for the Visiting field, click on the field to search for the name of the person
- Click Add guest
Assigning a card to a visitor
To assign a card to a visitor -
- Select the visitor(s) who are to be assigned cards on the guests tab
- Click 'Assign Card' from the menu bar
- Alternatively click the three dot menu on the far right of the person's name
- Click 'Assign Card' from this menu
- Allow access to camera on the pop up (permission only has to be granted once)
- Scan the QR code of the card or enter in the card ID number manually
- Click 'Next'
- If assigning more than one card, go through the flow for as many guests selected
- A success message will appear to confirm the assignment(s)
- The message will also include a reminder to activate the card(s)
- If an incorrect card ID is entered an error message will appear
- Make sure to enter in all 12 digits displayed on the card to avoid an error message
Returning a visitor card
When the visitor returns their card it is vital to sync the card. Their contact card data will be visible in their contact log table for 42 days. The data will auto delete after 42 days.
To remove a card from a visitor
- Use the search bar to look up the visitor
- Click the visitor's name to open their contact log table
- Above the contact data are the contact card details
- If there are no contact card details visible the guest does not have a card assigned to them
- It is vital to sync the card BEFORE removing the card from a guest
- Once the card has been synced click 'Remove Card' from the card details menu
- Alternatively click the three dot menu beside the guest's name on the members table
- Click 'Remove Card'
- Ensure the details are correct
- Select a reason for removing the card from the drop down
- A success message will appear once the card has been removed
Read about how to delete guests in our managing guests help centre article. Get in touch with our team to chat about guests, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org