Follow these steps to sync a SaferMe wearables contact card using the SaferMe Sync mobile app
The process of uploading card data into SaferMe via SaferMe Sync mobile app.
A plastic card that looks similar to an access card that people generally use to enter offices. It has a button, a light indicator, a QR code, and an ID imprinted on it.
What is needed to sync a SaferMe wearables contact card?
- One or more SaferMe wearable contact cards
- The SaferMe sync app downloaded on to a mobile device
- Good strong internet connection
SaferMe Sync app
A mobile standalone app, separate from the SaferMe app. This app allows users to sync card data into SaferMe. It doesn’t require a sign-in. When synching using the mobile app it is advisable to keep other cards away from the card and mobile device to avoid any possible interference.
Download the SaferMe Sync app
Apple Store - SaferMe Sync App
Play Store - SaferMe Sync App
Steps to sync
- Open the SaferMe Sync mobile app
- Allow for bluetooth and camera
- Choose a card and move all other cards away - this is essential (we advise minimum 6 feet)
- Scan the QR code of the card (or enter the Card ID manually)
- The app will start the data syncing process from the card to the server
- At this point, press the button on the card until a red light appears
- Tap on “Connect” on the app
When the process is finished a success message will display on the app.
The process for syncing the data is quick and takes a few seconds per card.
Data on the cards is deleted after 21 days.
There are a few factors that can disrupt a successful sync. If the sync is unsuccessful an error message may appear. Here are some of the tips to try when an error message has appeared and syncing was unsuccessful.
- Make sure there are no other contact cards within 6 feet of the card being synched and the device being used to sync with.
- Try synching on another device if an error message occurs repeatedly.
- Hold down consistent pressure on the button of the card until the red light appears.
- Move any bluetooth devices away from the card being synced and the device being used to sync.
- Ensure that the device being used to sync has strong internet connection.
- Check that the SaferMe Sync app is updated to the latest version.
- Have other cards near the card or device when attempting to sync (minimum 6 feet away)
- Take pressure off of the button before the red light appears - this will disrupt the card when it is trying to connect to the device
- Disable internet connection on the device being used to sync.
- Move the card away from the device being used to sync until the synching has fully completed and a success message appears.
Note* When conducting a contact trace ensure a 15 minute window from when a card is synced to when a contact log table is checked. This 15 minute window allows for the data to reach our server and update the tables accordingly. If checked earlier, contact data may not be visible which is vital to the contact trace.
Get in touch
Email email@example.com if these problems persist and synching continues to be unsuccessful. Include device type, version of device and describe the specific error message experienced.